Insurance

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-h)
Trusted Member Admin
Topic starter  

Post by Dean » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 pm

What are the pros and cons of insuring your bikes, either through your house insurance or separately? Any recommendations and any potholes to avoid?
Adrian
Re: Insurance
Post by Adrian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:31 pm

The main thing is you have to use "Approved locks", do you know if the locks you have are approved? It means carrying the heaviest lock you can around with you.
On the back of our van I put a cover over them with rope lashed around them, not up to standard but just makes it awkward for casual thieves.
Dean
Re: Insurance
Post by Dean » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Completely impracticable then, Adrian. Haven’t seen many Wheelers out on Sunday, or Wednesday, with half a ton of ironwork hanging from the seat post. My protection has always to be to make sure that there is a more attractive looking bike on top of mine at the cafe stop, but I do use a simple cable lock to deter, a bit.

(@phil1)

Have mine insured under the house contents, when asked about locks the reply was nothing specified. also checked in the policy docs. I'm with Hastings. Got another quote this year from Admiral and they insisted on 'gold standard' locks. As Adrian says, who is going to carry one around on a club ride.

Phil  

ReplyQuote
Share: