Photo Galleries

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-h)
Trusted Member Admin
Topic starter  

Post by Margaret » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am

Having faffed about a bit trying this, I thought I'd share what I think is a reasonably efficient way to get a photo gallery post onto the website.

1.Get the photos you want to post together in a folder on the computer - if you want to do any renaming or resizing do it here. The site will accept large images, and I uploaded 3-4 Mb images, but in retrospect downsizing to around the 1Mb size is probably a good idea.
2. Log in and Add a new post as explained by Chris http://forum.falmouthwheelers.club/view ... ?f=14&t=29. Set the Category to Photo Gallery, plus any other categories you want to include (e.g., News, Ride Reports). Add any Tags and set one of the photos as the featured image.

3. Click on the Add Media button and select the Upload Files tab. Drag your photos into the area and wait for them to upload. The photos should all be selected at this point, but you can adjust this if you need to. You can also add any titles, captions and so on.

4. Choose Create Gallery on the left side of the window. The button on the bottom right changes to Create a new gallery - click on it.

5. In the window that opens, use Gallery settings on the right as follows:
Link to - change to Media File so that people can open full size photos from the gallery
Size and Type - Not all combinations seem to work well, depending perhaps on the sizes and shapes of photos. Tiled Colums or Tiled Mosaic with Medium or Large size seems a good start.
6. Click Insert Gallery.
7. Use Preview and the Edit button (pencil icon) on the Gallery to get a layout that looks good, then Publish.

Share: